Monday, September 5, 2011

A Splash Of Color
So, do you remember back in June I had a post about these coffee bags my husband brought home?! Well, I finally put them to use. When we moved, we no longer needed our dining room set. However, we did need extra seats available for company. Two of the chairs would work perfect, yet they weren't very cute.

Well, I knew I wanted to use the coffee bags to recover the seats, however I was torn on what color to use for the chair. While I was looking over all the colors at Home Depot, I wanted so bad to grab a nice, neutral white. But, my heart kept telling me that we needed a splash of color to add to our new place. Which color though? Green, Blue, Pink, ahhhh!!! There were too many to choose from.

I ended up picking Rustoleum Lagoon. I love it! It reminds me of a Martha Stewart cast iron pot that I have sitting on our stove.
So, after some sanding and recovering, here is the end result...

It is absolutely perfect for our house. From previous projects, I'm sure you can tell that I love the color blue.

I was so scared when spraying them blue that is was going to be way too bright, but I think the chairs turned out perfect! I love the coffee bags as seat covers. It adds a little touch of mine and my husbands love for coffee. And, it's a sturdy fabric that will stand the test of time with kids.

We kept one in the kitchen and one in the living room. It sits perfectly under our mantle shelves, which by-the-way will be getting a touch of Fall soon.


I am so pleased with how the chairs turned out. They are just the splash of color our house needed.


I linked up:
Someday Crafts

11 comments:

  1. I love this! the burlap look of the bags and the chair color is amazing - I have a chair I could do this with

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute! Love the colors! They really make a statement. Sometimes you need a little splash of the unexpected. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the "splash of color"!! and the burlap cushion!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! the chair cover looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this pop of coler! Oh plse come share at Market Monday!

    http://mollysusanstrong.blogspot.com/2011/09/market-monday-with-linky-creating-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice color!! Great minds think alike...check out mine, I'm no. 60 at primitive & proper party!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your chair makeover! What a great way to use those unique bags with so much character. The color is fabulous. I'm so tired of drab. Bring on the color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it is SOOOO cute! Color can be so scary, but it's fun to take a risk and say what the heck? It's only paint rigjt?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These chairs look sooo wonderful! How did you do the seats with the coffee bags?

    Thanks and regards from a German reader! :)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete