Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Perfect PearBack in March, I was at a local thrift store and came across this pear.


It was only .80 cents! I had to have it. It took me a while to do anything with it because I saw it as a great Fall decoration, and the only thing that made sense to do with it was to wrap it in twine. As you can tell by the close up picture, it has a weird texture.


So, fast forward to September and I busted out the hot glue and twine. Now, last year at this time I was already gearing up for Halloween. Let me tell you, it was just too long that I had Halloween stuff up. So this year, I'm trying to ease into Fall a bit slower. This is a perfect addition to the beginning of Fall decor.


I started wrapping from right under the leaf. The leaf is connected to the pear, so everything from the leaf and above had to be cut into small sections and glued on one by one. Sounds time consuming, but it really wasn't too bad. It probably took me an hour to complete the entire thing.


Here it is all wrapped. I couldn't leave the leaf gray. It just didn't fit.


I picked out of my paint box a foliage green and simple brown....


painted it green then added a layer of thinned out brown paint to get into the creases of the leaf.


This is the final product! It went from an .80 cent thrift store find to a Ballard Designs looking accessory!


I love it! It is the perfect addition to my Fall decor.



I linked up:






6 comments: