Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fall{Pre-Halloween}Mantle

What do you get when you put together a hand-painted sign on an old fence board...

some sticks,

found by these two cute little boys....

and two thrift store owls painted white?

Well, my Fall Mantle of course! They're actually just shelves, but because I don't have a fireplace mantle, these work just as well for seasonal decorating. The rest of the items I'm sure you've seen before if you are a follower of my blog.

The empty frames, the blue mirror(seen in this post), and the iron star...they're all here.

For the sign, I free handed the letters and the paint. I wanted it to look more rustic. And, I'm not quite ready to go full force with all the oranges and yellows that you'd usually see in Fall decor. That's why I kept a more natural look with the whites, blues and natural wood tones.

Like these sticks in an old jelly jar. What a great way to entertain your kids...have them search for sticks(what little boy doesn't like to dig in the dirt with a stick?) and you can use them as part of your decor. It's a win win I tell ya!

I love it for the month of September! It's simple, clean, rustic and yet a bit modern looking with the white owls and blue mirror.

What about you? Have you started decorating for Fall? If so, please send me a link back to your blog. I'd love to include them in this weeks edition of Friday Favorites!





I linked up:















9 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm not a huge fan of orange and red either. What a great non-traditional way of decorating for fall! And I have a very similar iron star as well, that is one of my favorite pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super awesome.. Love it..Hello there.. I'm following ya officially from the inspiration board hop..Lovely blog you have here.Can't wait to read more.. Hope you can stop by & visit me sometime / follow back.. TY So much.. Have a great week.Marilyn from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com ps: Would love for you to participate in my pinterest linky.. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love your little helpers. They are as cute as your little owls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cute sign. I'm glad to see another non-mantle owning fake mantle decorator like me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like this pre-fall mantle. i can never figure out how to keep my room's colors when it's time for seasonal decorating. ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. pre-fall...good idea. that way you don't get sick of it all before the date even gets here:)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great thought-- these in-between days before fall is full-blown. I'm never quite ready for the pumpkins until October either. :)
    Visiting from Kellie's Nest of Posies... thanks for sharing!
    Heidi @ Show Some Decor

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love fall and anything to do with it- my 'pre-fall is in August :) This looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so simple, yet so elegant. I love the whole look you created. Fantastic job! I would love for you to share this @ Show & Share-

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/09/show-share-5.html

    ReplyDelete