Monday, September 19, 2011

Map Love

I'm sure by now, everyone has seen this idea on Pinterest! When we moved to a new state, I just had to make this. It is so cute, and incredibly easy to do. Plus, with a bigger home comes more wall space that we needed to fill. This artwork was perfect for the space. Here are the things you'll need.

A map of the area you lived in and one where you live now, frames, and scrapbook paper to attach your heart map to. I also used painters tape to attach the heart to the scrapbook paper.


We needed a Washington map! We are originally from the Seattle area. So, I took my heart template and traced it around the Seattle Area. It just so happened to include the cities where both my Husband and I were raised and the city we lived in before we moved to Eastern Washington.


Cut it out and attach it to the paper.


Easy so far, right?! Then I repeated the process of placing the heart over where we live now. It also includes the city that we moved to, two years ago and the city that we just moved to a little over a month ago. (we moved from Clarkston, WA to Lewiston, ID & they are literally right next door to each other, separated by the Snake River)


Then, we put them in some simple, black frames.


And we have super, cute artwork on our walls that represents the places we love so much.
Western Washington and now Eastern Washington and Idaho!

3 comments:

  1. I just love these and yours look so great!
    I hope you had a wonderful weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet comment on the blog! So excited to have found you! What great things you've done! I can't wait to see more!

    Holly
    www.lifeasathrifter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete