Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Irish Inspiration

My first post for the month of March just had to be why I celebrate and decorate for St. Patrick's Day!
Meet my Grandma Percy.
She is the reason why every year our family dresses all in green on St. Patty's day. My Grandma Percy is %100 Irish and was born on St. Patrick's Day. In our family, it's not only St. Patty's Day that we celebrate, but all that is my Grandma. She is the rock and the Matriarch of our family.
My Grandma is an amazing person. There has been so much loss in her life, yet so many accomplishments.
She raised 6 wonderful children, my Mom being one of them. She has 11 Grandchildren and 12 Great Grandchildren.
Though we've grown and a few of us have moved far away from where we were all raised, one thing remains constant...there will always be a get-together at my Grandma Percy's home on St. Patty's day in honor of her. And you had better wear green, or you'll be pinched!
I love you Grandma, and we'll be seeing you on March 17th.

An Old Irish Blessing
May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Grandma Percy! What a blessing to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic post Tanya! She truly is a remarkable woman - as are you. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya,
    no one could have said it better. I was talking with Mom tonight and she is so pleased. She told me you made her day.
    How thoughtful....
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post Tanya...what a great tribute to your Grandmother, my Mom...I think we all feel the same way about St. Patrick's Day, Awesome article by YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeh, I am now a follower of your Blog...I'll be checking you out Tanya...

    ReplyDelete