Tuesday, January 4, 2011

WINTER WHITES After Christmas, I have this need to do a total overhaul of the house by cleaning and organizing. I'm always sad to pack away the cheery Christmas decor, so this year I decided to decorate for winter. What better color for winter than WHITE! It looks clean, stylish, and timeless. Here are a few White things I've decorated with for the winter.


We were at the Habitat for Humanity store in Lewiston, ID(they have some great stuff) and found these milk glass shades. I first thought they were vases, but when I picked them up they were open on the bottom. They must have fit on some kind of lighting fixture at one time. I love the texture and how white they are. They also work as a candle holder. A small tea light fits perfect on the inside and looks very pretty.

Living in an apartment, we have very limited space for displaying pictures and decorative items. We found these two, white mantel shelves at Home Depot. They cost about $34 dollars for both. These were a bit of a splurge, but I've been wanting some for about 3 years now. I love them. I added some pictures of my boys of course, along with the letter of their first name. These were in an earlier blog post.



http://johnsonfamily23.blogspot.com/2010/08/love-letters-i-had-these-letters.html





I know it's not white, but I had to keep a star in the living room. I love stars. This one looks great against the white walls and new shelf.


Here is some artwork I did last Sunday. It was a free redo of some pictures we had hanging in our kitchen. They're now in our bedroom. I just love this kind of graphic art. So clean and simple. This will be on a post a bit later this week.
I added these white frames to a side table in our living room. I just love these little guys. The frames and the boys in them. I have a dash of pink behind them...some beautiful roses my husband brought me a few days ago. He's a keeper!

Again, my little Dollar Store snowbird from an earlier post. He's just so cute in my re purposed cheese dome.



http://johnsonfamily23.blogspot.com/2010/12/snowbird-dollar-store-makeover-i-found.html



Faux snowballs to remind me of how cold it is still.



http://johnsonfamily23.blogspot.com/2010/12/faux-snowballs-ive-been-wanting-to-make.html



And last, but not least the coffee filter wreath that I've just been dying to make. It looks so pretty and fluffy hanging on our door. All this white in my home is so cheery and bright. For the dark, short days of winter, everyone needs a little cheering up. Try adding some bright whites to your home!





4 comments:

  1. It all looks so pretty and clean! I love that wreath, I hope someday I will have the patients to make one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I am doing the same this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration. :) You have a darling blog. I am your newest follower. I hope you come by and say hi!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the whites! I've just becoming a friend and follower. Hope you will visit and do the same. Have a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete