Wednesday, January 26, 2011

pAiNt SwAtCh ArT

This is day 2 of my decorating for
Valentines Day
for under $10
This project was so easy and took me about 10 minutes from start to finish. It only cost me $1. Here are the supplies I used. Some mat paper(had on hand) a paint swatch in shades of pink(FREE) a white frame($1) and some brads(had on hand, but could be found at a scrapbook or office store).

First, I picked out a turquoise color to make my heart. I love this color! It matches a little sign on the same shelf I chose to display this paint swatch artwork. It's also a good color to represent the three LOVES of my life...my husband and two boys!

I used these FISKARS scissors to cut out the heart. How appropriate is the name on the scissors!? HEARTBEATI was just going to glue it on, but it needed a little something extra!

I found these little brads on the bottom of my craft box. I used these when making my Sister Darcy's wedding invites a few years back. They worked perfect.

Attached it to the paint swatch. I chose to remove the glass from the frame as well. I wanted the heart to be able to pop out from the paint swatch a bit.

I think it turned out pretty cute for just $1. I might just have to do this for some other holidays as well.
More to come tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. We have a paint store I wonder what Mr. Paint would do if I started taking all the samples? LOL Thanks for comming by my blog and leaving words that I will soak up and keep. I need it, you have no idea how many tears were shed in frustration. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw this on Someday Crafts- SO cute! this is totally up my alley, love love paint swatches hehe. great crafty project!!! :D thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yess! Love this. I'm heading to home depot for paint swatches!! haha! Thanks for the awesome idea!

    p.s. Love the new blog background/layout/template thing =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and darling! I have some pink paint swatches left over from my daughter's room. I will have to put them to good use. I will feature this at somedaycrafts.blgospot.com. Grab my "featured" BUTOTN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! It is nice to make projects that fit in my budget and this would fit in my budget! I love the idea of re-doing it for other holidays. Green paint swatch with a 4 leaf clover! SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love how cute this is and so simple! thanks for linking up to handmade tuesdays, make sure to come back next week! (plus tomorrow bc I am having a giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really pretty! I love the color combo and the price tag is just right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply cute! And the price it right too. Please consider sharing your creativity with others by linking to my blog bash K.I.S.S.=Keep It Simple Sunday, the link is open til Tues. evening. Happy to be a new follower. :)

    http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete