Tuesday, January 25, 2011

XOXO
{Valentines decor for under $10}

For the next few days, I'll be showing you how I've decided to decorate for
Valentines Day!
In the past, I never really decorated for the day of L*O*V*E, however I just can't help myself when I see so many cute things on other blogs. So, I decided to try and use $10 or less. Above is a picture of things I bought at the Dollar Tree, a few paint swatches from Home Depot and a stack of paper I've had forever.
Here is the first project...

I chose two pieces of paper from my Mat Stack. I've had this for a really long time, but I'm sure you can use any kind of paper or size of frame you want. I wanted to use some of the same colors as the Conversation Hearts. I just love these little candies. I can eat a few, but that's about it. I like them more for decorating.
I forgot to add a picture here of the supplies I was using, but above you can see a package of little foam stickers. These are so easy to use. Just peel the backing off and stick.

Red Letters on a light blue paper. I put these in some frames I already had in the living room. Just put it over the existing picture and they can be removed after the holiday.

In the other I did orange paper with a pink heart. So simple, it took me about 2 minutes to complete. Better yet, it only cost $1. It looks really cute on our end table!

More L*O*V*E day projects to come.


Show and Tell Green

2 comments:

  1. so simple but I think they make a big impact!! If you ever have a chance I'd love for you to link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com

    oh & p.s come enter my giveaway for an inspirational dog print :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are using what you already have at home! Love the orange one! Would love for you to come and visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made With Love Monday! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete