Monday, August 2, 2010

LOVE LETTERS
I had these letters hanging above each of my boy's beds...J for Jaxon and E for Easton! I love having them the color white, but because we currently live in an apartment, we have no choice on our wall color...WHITE. These letters were just not showing up on the wall and were looking pretty boring. So, I decided that out to the living room they should come! But first they needed a little different color.
These letters I got last year from a Ben Franklin store back in Western Washington. I think you can also get them at Michaels or JoAnn Fabrics. They are made of cardboard and I simply painted them with White acrylic paint. Today, I sanded down the edges a bit to make them look a little rustic.

Next, I used some watered down paint all over the letters to give them a little brownish tint and to bring out the color of the roughed-up edges!


A close up shot of the end result! Super simple.



Finally, they took their spot on the wall next to a picture of the boys. Easton and Jaxon...my two favorite little boys! I LOVE them so much.





No comments:

Post a Comment