Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Baseball
 Have I ever shared with you how much our family loves Baseball.  Well, we LOVE it!  My husband was a High School Baseball coach for several years.  My Dad used to play softball and I loved going to watch him play.
We lived close to Seattle, so every once in a while we'd head downtown to watch a Mariner Game.  Before the games we'd walk along the Seattle waterfront and if we were lucky, we'd have some lunch or dinner at Ivar's, a local seafood restaurant.  YUM! 
There was always something so comforting about sitting at a Baseball game.  The sights, the sounds and the smells.  I love the combination of the Green grass, Blue skies, Brown infield and warning track. Not to mention, if you're on the 1st baseline of the stadium or outfield you can see the Seattle skyline.  While at a Mariner game you can enjoy the sounds of the passing trains and the humming of the crowds.  If you've ever been lucky enough to visit Safeco field, you know about the Garlic Fries.  Along with peanuts, licorice and hot dogs....I'm starting to get hungry just thinking about it. 

I found a few pictures online that I wanted to share with you.  I know it sounds funny, but it's pure eye candy to me.
Did I mention that I decorated my house in honor of Baseball season?  Yep!  I actually accessorized our living room and kitchen with Baseball decor.  I'll be sharing it with you this week.  Stay tuned!
 An old Sandlot in Puerto Rico.  This photo was taken by my Cousin Amanda on a recent vacation.
 The Famous ball field from the movie, Field Of Dreams.  A favorite!
 I just love the colors!
 There is something so nostalgic about the crack of a wooden bat!
One of the best views from Safeco Field!  My oh my, I miss Seattle and Dave Niehaus.

1 comment:

  1. We're big Seattle Mariners fans around here! How fun you decorate for the baseball season! Enjoy your beautiful weather. We're cool and cloudy and a bit rainy today--just outside of Seattle.

    ReplyDelete