Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Quick Decor
I had this old cupboard door sitting in our storage for months not knowing exactly what to do with it. I finally decided to make it into a chalkboard. Luckily when we moved into our new place there was a perfectly, awkward place for it. Right over an ugly phone jack. Once again, I forgot to take a Before photo, but you can see the original color in the middle. I gave the border a cute turquoise color and distressed it a bit. *the color is a mix of folkart paints, so no exact color is available.

I then taped it off and sprayed it with chalkboard spray paint. So far, so easy. It needed a little pop of color so I decided to paint a yellow number 3 in the bottom corner. The significance of the 3 is mine and my husbands anniversary day, July 3rd.

Finally, I hung it over that ugly phone jack and now we can leave messages for each other or just write our favorite quotes on it. Above is my favorite quote ever by one of my favorite singers. I haven't decided yet if I want to put some hangers on it and make it a key hanger as well as a message board.? Hmmm, what do you think? My fear of clutter sets in when I think of keys hanging off of it. Opinions please :)



I linked up:



Lemon Tree Creations


Under The Table And Dreaming

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Great job! Thanks for linking up with Lemon Tree today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the 'afraid of clutter' thing. I think using it as a key hanger would be cute but I wouldn't put the hook in a traditional place. I'd maybe place the hook in the top right of the black section, so keys hung within the frame instead of hanging off the bottom. And maybe draw an old fashion key around them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet idea! I would go 3 small vintage hooks along the bottom. If your keys aren't clutter there, they'll just be clutter somewhere else, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! Wishing I had an old cupboard door laying around somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete