Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Natural Exfoliation


You're probably wondering what exfoliation has to do with the above picture?! So, it's been pretty warm here in Eastern Washington lately and we've been having lots of fun going to play in the river. FREE FUN! We found this swimming area in the town next door to us.


My boys loved it. By boys, I mean my two sons and my husband. He is like a big kid. Seriously, he's been compared to Jack Black more times than I can count. Anyways, while him and my younger son were enjoying the water...
my older son had the right idea! Exfoliating with sand. Actually, he was trying to look like a "grown up" with chest hair and a beard. However, I took his idea and pampered my feet a little bit. Why not take care of myself while my kids are having fun. Have you ever tried rubbing your feet with wet sand? It feels amazing. I have to admit, I wanted to cover my entire face just like my son, but I held back. Maybe next time, hehe. Later at home, I washed my feet up and gave them a quick rub down with some lotion....they felt wonderful!

Whether you live by a beach on the river or by the sea, I suggest you try some natural exfoliation next time you're having fun in the water. Your kids will get a kick out of it, and you'll get to pamper yourself while having fun!

I linked up:
Someday Crafts

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place and how cute are your boys!! Your older son has the right idea, it feels so good but I have yet to try it on my face too. :) Let me know if you do, I bet it feels great!
    Hugs!!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so fun! much nicer sand than we have up here in coeur d'alene. we may have to take a trip to the river next time we go to grandma's house : )

    ReplyDelete