Monday, October 1, 2012

"It's Just A Bunch Of Hocus Pocus"
 Yesterday, we started digging out all of our Halloween decor and I sat staring at the shelves on our wall not knowing what to do with them this year.  I asked my husband what he thought.  He said, "do a witch theme!"
I didn't really have anything Witchy in my Halloween buckets, but I was not willing to back down from a challenge.  The first thing that came to mind was one of our favorite Halloween movies,
HOCUS POCUS.
It was perfect.  I've had the Spells book for years and I knew that would be perfect to build around.
 Of course we had to make a sign that says HOCUS POCUS, so we went along the lines of a Spell book.  We ripped out some pages of an old book and cut them into a fun shape.  I used a sharpie to spell out the words and punched two holes at the top of each.  We strung it up with some thin twine and that's it. 
 It probably took about 40 minutes to complete it.  You could use this for any holiday and add embellishments you'd like.
 This chalkboard drawing was inspired by a blog post by Michael@ Inspired Charm. You can find the original blog post {HERE} You have to check it out.  His drawing is 100 times better than mine.
 It never hurts to add in some organic elements.  I love these greenish/gray pumpkins.  The color works perfectly with the theme.
 As always the Dollar Store crows fit in with any Halloween decor.
 The Shoes!!  I love these things.  I knew we had to have some witch shoes, so I got to drawing and my sweet husband cut them out for me.  I will have a separate tutorial on how we made them.
Well, what do you think?  Did I live up to the challenge?  Is it Witchy? 
I think I pulled it off OK. 
I love, love the month of October and all the Halloween hype that comes with it.
Hope this inspires you to create a festive Halloween display in your home.

I linked up:

11 comments:

  1. I love your Halloween touches! Especially the witches' boots!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the items you came up with! You're so creative and I love Hocus Pocus. :) The shoes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Tanya! Love it! It's perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no you didn't! I LOVE HOCUS POCUS!!! I have to make myself wait until October to watch it! HA! I love your decorating ideas! Please come party with me at Cast Party Wednesday! Thanks! ~Sheryl~
    http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/cast-party-wednesday-link-party-61/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Hocus Pocus is my favorite Halloween movie! Did you make the spell book too? I just love all of it - I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the witches feet. My weekly linky party--One Creative Weekend--has gone spooky this week in honor of my thirteenth party. If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll visit "One Creative Weekend" on OneCreativeMommy.com (open every Fri-Wed) and link up this idea and anything else you’d like to share. (You can include non-Halloween posts as well, but feel free to link up as many Halloween-themed posts as you like.) There are two categories—one for Halloween and one for everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me giggle. I love it! Yes, I think you met the challenge very well. I'm really loving that pumpkin color lately--works great with your theme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I absolutely love this! I decided to decorate for fall this year and skip Halloween...who was I kidding. My daughter's been complaining all week, so I'll be working on that this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soooo cute!!! Here from Under The Table And Dreaming and now following :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete