Monday, May 7, 2012

Mother Daughter Tea
 With a Touch of
 Breakfast At Tiffany's
All last week I helped my Husband with the decor for his Mother Daughter Tea event that took place on Saturday.  The theme was Breakfast At Tiffany's.  My Husband likes to keep the budget for decorations low, yet still wants it to be cute.  Thank goodness he has a wife(Me) to help him out!  I love the challenge. 
Here is what I came up with. 
Above is a thrift store picture and frame that I spray painted white and gave a coat of Chalkboard paint.  Easy as a welcome sign for the event and it can be used for any future events.
He wanted to use flowers, but they can get pretty spendy.  Instead, we used something cheaper, but still made the tables look very feminine. Baby's Breath worked wonderful.  We also found a pair of black heels at a Thrift Store for the welcome table and borrowed some pearls from one of his wonderful co-workers.  Thank you Linda! 
My Husband is amazing at making brochures and fliers.  This is the cover of the brochures he created. 
There were six, smaller tables that had these centerpieces.  We used regular blue gift bags(just cut off the handles) and stuffed them with white tissue.  We also collected Mason and other canning jars to use as candle holders. 
The vases were made out of used, tin cans that I wrapped with some dollar store white ribbon and hot glued on loose beads that look like pearls. These were also filled with Baby's Breath.  I think it turned out pretty cute for the budget. 
Here is a close-up shot of the tin can vases. 
Of course we had to make some tissue paper pom poms.  We just made a large bunch of them for the center of the room in blue, white and silver. 
These were the centerpieces for the larger tables.  We used one large Mason jar as a candle holder.  We also did the gift bags, but in a larger size.(wouldn't you love the get a bag that big from Tiffany's?)  Finally, we spray painted bottles in a pretty turquoise color form Krylon called Blue Ocean Breeze.  We used the bottles as a vase for more Baby's Breath. 
I've never been a fan of Baby's Breath, but just by itself, it's actually kind of pretty, light and airy for decorating. 
Here is a close-up of the bottle. 
I didn't get to attend the actual event.  It is called Mother Daughter Tea and I have two boys.  So, needless to say I didn't get any pictures during the event of performers or of the buffet.  I did get to see some of the treats before and it looked pretty tasty. 
I hope all the ladies that attended the event enjoyed their time and enjoyed the atmosphere. 

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! Love the baby's breath that you used. Very good choice even if not on a budget.

    ReplyDelete