Thursday, February 3, 2011

{LoVe}
anything free
This was absolutely FREE! I've been wanting to make a garland for Valentines Day and was feeling up for the challenge this afternoon. Here is what I came up with.
First, I took 4 coffee filters left two of them the original size and cut a bit off of the other 2.
Next, I added some food coloring to some water. You don't need a whole lot. Probably about 3 cups of water and about 8 drops of red food coloring.

Dunk the coffee filter in the water and let them sit about 2 minutes. You want them to really soak up the color.

Set your oven to WARM and place the wet coffee filters on a metal sheet pan. This only takes around 10 minutes for them to dry.

LOVE-ly pink coffee filters!
Next, I used one white cupcake liner per two coffee filters

I cut out some hearts out of plain red paper. Added a few of the pink foam heart stickers I had from the Dollar Store. I used two little brads to attach the hearts to the coffee filters. Hot glued it to a piece of ribbon I had in my craft box & there you have it!

A simple, easy, FREE Valentines Day garland.

I think it turned out really cute.
xoxo







Photobucket


Lovely Crafty Home
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!


Photobucket

UndertheTableandDreaming

10 comments:

  1. aww this is really cute! it came our sweet:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your coffee filter banner. Especially since I made a coffee filter patriotic banner last 4th of July and I loved it. Super cute. I hope you come by CraftOManiac Sunday evening and link up to my fun craft link party. Have a super night. jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a simple, free, and CUTE craft! : )
    craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! So cute! I've got tons of liners around here. I'm doing this tomorrow! I'll at least be able to enjoy it for a week. Thanks for sharing!

    I'd love to have you over to link up for Favorite Things Friday. It's open until Weds.

    http://thespeckleddog.blogspot.com/2011/02/favorite-things-friday-no-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Free is always fun...especially when you can make it into something so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love pink coffee filters and your project turned out very cute! I just colored a bunch of filters different pastel colors in preparation for one of my next projects. Thanks for sharing your great banner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Cute! Would love for you to add to my Thursday Treasure Party @
    www.thetreasurista.blogspot.com

    Thanks,

    The Treasurista
    Finding and Creating FUN things...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool technique! Thanks for sharing at my linky party :) http://www.lovelycraftyhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhh...this is the cutest idea! You are a crafting genius!!

    ReplyDelete