Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Merry Wreath
Simple and under $10

I really wanted to make a wreath this year, but didn't have a ton of money to do it. My goal was to spend less than $10. ACCOMPLISHED!! I found a very simple wreath at Walmart for $2. Nothing great, but it does the job. Then I found these snowflakes in a pkg. of 2 for only $1 at JoAnn Fabrics. They needed a little sparkle though.
I also found the glitter at JoAnn Fabrics for .99cents and had the sparkle glaze on hand. All I did was put a quick coat of sparkle glaze on the snowflake and sprinkle on the glitter.

Make sure to work over a piece of paper to save yourself a huge mess. You'll still end up looking very glittery doing this project.

I love glitter...makes everything look so pretty.

Next, I wired it to the wreath so that it would hand in the center.
Also at JoAnn Fabrics I found this cute ribbon for around $3.50.

A simple bow for the top of the wreath.

Then I wired on some extra Christmas bulbs I had in red and green!

Very simple, but pretty enough to hang on our front door! Better yet, it can be used year after year.
I linked up to these parties:














2 comments:

  1. The polka dot ribbon is adorable, and the rest of the wreath is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh and cheery! Love beauty at a bargin!!!!

    ReplyDelete