Saturday, October 23, 2010

Classic Popcorn Balls
(but even better)

My husband found this recipe on allrecipes.com. They are a classic, yet updated version of the popcorn ball. My uncle Jack used to make them around Halloween time, so they always remind me of this time of year! Here is the list of ingredients:
3/4 Cup of Light Corn Syrup
1/4 Cup Butter
2tsp Cold Water
2 5/8 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Cup Marshmallows
5 quarts or 20 Cups of Plain Popped Popcorn
Set the burner on Medium and slowly melt the butter.

Add in 3/4 Cup of Light Corn Syrup
Add 2tsp of cold water and 1 Cup of Marshmallows
Make sure to stir continually

Next, add in 2 5/8 Cup of Powdered Sugar

Heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Take off heat and stir in 5 quarts of plain popcorn.

*Make sure to let the mixture cool for about 10 min before handling. If not the sugar will burn your hands!! A good tip to make sure it doesn't stick to your hands is to spray them with a non-stick cooking spray.
(notice the hairy arms and freckles, that's my husband!)
They are ready to eat and ENJOY! Sweet, crunchy and super YUMMY!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN
I linked up to these parties:




mmm button








5 comments:

  1. These look yummy! I cheat and buy the one's from Wal Mart only to have my kids complain that they taste like cardboard..ha! Girl friend.. you are the real deal!
    ps...I hate spiders too
    pss My Dad lives in WA....only during our summers here. I hear it's a beautiful state. must visit soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made this very recipe a couple weeks ago. Yummy! I could go for some more!

    Jo @ http://smilemonsters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found this on pinterest while looking for something easy and seasonal to make for treats to go "boo" our neighbors this year with. Perfect! Thanks for posting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made these for a pumpkin carving party. They are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, how many does each batch make? I get about 200-250 trick or treaters each year. So I need to have an idea how much supplies I need to purchase before hand (hopefully on sale!).

    ReplyDelete