Monday, November 8, 2010

White Turkey

I found this little Terra cotta turkey at a local thrift store for $1.80 while my husband and I were looking through clothes to make his Halloween costume! I have no Thanksgiving decorations, so I figured I could spruce him up somehow!
Lately, I've been seeing a ton of decor painted in a high, gloss white. I just love how modern and clean it makes any decor look. So, that's what I decided to do with the turkey!
I used this Appliance Epoxy(1. because I had it on hand *FREE and 2. I used it on my dollar store monster figurines, and it worked great)

I happened to come across this picture of a Turkey in a William Sonoma add...how cool!!! It's amazing how expensive things cost in popular home stores, but if you take a little time and effort, you can usually make it for next to nothing!


Here is the finished product!!! For around $2, I have a cute, white turkey to display during the month of November. I strongly encourage anyone to dig through thrift stores, consignment shops, estate and garage sales! There are so many treasures to be found.
I linked up to these parties:



mmm button

UndertheTableandDreaming


No comments:

Post a Comment