Friday, July 23, 2010

Old Cupboard Door Turned Into A Chalkboard
So, I had this great old cupboard door that I got from a neighbor that was moving out of their home. Super cool find!!! Well, I worked so hard taking pictures of the whole process of making the door into a chalkboard, and somehow a few of them were deleted ???? So, all I'm able to show for this blog iCheck Spellings the end result. However, picture in you mind an old, brown door covered in dust. I knew right away exactly what to do with it.
First, I cleaned it up. Second, I painted the border white and then sanded it down to give it an older look. Next, I taped up the inside edges with painters tape and newspaper. I used RUST-OLEUM Chalkboard spray paint(the whole can...this old door really soaked it up) and then let it dry for 24 hours.
A lot of thanks goes to my husband for hanging it up and finding the chalk to write with. Finally, a cute little message for our visitors this weekend. This has been one of my favorite projects so far!!!


1 comment: