Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wedding Crafts
 I did a blog post back in August that was all about the wedding of my Brother-in-law Gavin to his new wife Brooke! You can read about it {HERE} 
I was lucky enough to help with some of the wedding decor and flowers.  I just love working on wedding stuff.  Every wedding is so personal and so different.  Gavin and Brooke's turned out just beautiful. 
One of the crafts I worked on was bunting.  I made three for their wedding.  LOVE, MARRIED & SWEETS.  Two of which are pictured above.  These two were used for photos and the SWEETS one was used by their dessert buffet.  Here is a quick tutorial on how I made them.
 First I made a template on the back of a cereal box.  A cereal box works great because it is thicker than card stock and it works perfect for tracing onto fabric.  The fabric Brooke and Gavin wanted for their wedding was burlap. 
 Just trace and cut out as many as you need.  This step is pretty easy and goes quite fast.
 I picked out a generic stencil.  I don't like how the letters are separated, but it's an easy fix. 
 After you stencil them on with a sponge, dabber-type brush, all you have to do is fill in the the empty parts with a small paint brush. 
When they were all stenciled and dry, I hot glued twine to the back side of each triangle to create the bunting.
 And this is how they used it for their wedding.  LOVE it! 
 Such an easy prop to make for any wedding photo. 

Here is another quick before and after picture of an easy prop for a wedding.
Take an old, inexpensive thrift store frame....
 and replace the picture with a simple print-out of a monogram! 
Now, how easy is that?  It creates such a cute picture and you can hang the monogram in your home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment